I put out a request, inspired by a hashtag on Twitter, to ask my feed for their first 30 songs on shuffle. I promised I would buy all of the songs I didn’t own on their list, listen to them, decide on my favorite, and then gift them.
Here is @Heartsandroses’s 1st 30 songs on shuffle:
1. Another Day - Rent soundtrack
2. Before It’s Too Late - The Goo Goo Dolls
3. Ben - Glee Cast
4. Can’t Stay Away - Kris Allen
5. Cough Syrup - Glee Cast
6. Crush - Glee Cast
7. Deeper - James Durbin
8. Everybody Wants To Rule the World - Tears for Fears
9. Express Yourself - Glee Cast
10. I Want You - Kelly Clarkson
11. I Won’t Give Up - Glee Cast
12. Jar of Hearts - Christina Perri
13. Just Like You - Allison Iraheta
14. Just Missed The Train - Kelly Clarkson
15. Like A Prayer - Glee Cast
16. Live Like We’re Dying - Kris Allen
17. Monster - Kris Allen
18. A Night to Remember - High School Musical
19. Not the Boy Next Door - Glee Cast
20. Outta My Head - Daughtry
21. Red - Taylor Swift
22. Seasons of Love - Rent cast
23. Sleepwalker - Adam Lambert
24. Smooth Criminal - Glee Cast
25. Vision of Love - Kris Allen
26. You And I - Lady Gaga
27. You Don’t Belong - Daughtry
28. The Only Exception - Glee Cast
29. A Heart Full of Love - Les Miserables
30. I Want to Hold Your Hand - Glee cast
Now this girl loves her musicals, Glee, and my bbs Adam Lambert, Kris Allen, and Allison Iraheta. I must make a disclaimer here; I’m always gonna love my Kradison, and I love virtually everything they put out in any form. I will gift any of them on this list in addition to the new ones listed below.
Just a comment on the Glee tracts; for the most part, I like the originals better, but I have to hand it to the show. They have made classic oldies popular again. I urge you to listen to their versions as well as the Glee versions. You just can’t beat the likes of Madonna, Michael Jackson, Jason Mraz, The Beatles, and Paramore.
Having said that, I’m going to tell you the tracts that I will be gifting and why. Just request them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Just put the artist and tracks you would like me to gift. Be sure to put your US iTunes email address in the body of the email so I can send it to you.
So here are my choices:
1. Jar of Hearts - Christina Perri, just because this has one of my favorite set of lyrics ever.
2. You and I - Lady Gaga. If you don’t think you like Gaga, try this track. It is in my top 5 of hers and doesn’t sound like her typical fare.
3. Before It’s Too Late - The Goo Goo Dolls Just because it’s differentHere are my thoughts that may help you decide to try some of the others. If you haven’t seen Rent, you must. See it on Broadway or get it from Netflix or whatever. A period piece now, but with some of my favorite music. If you ever get to New York or London, Les Mis is a classic that should not be missed. I happened to think the movie version was amazing, even though some of the actor/singers are not the strongest. Daughtry and Kelly are just icons. If you don’t have their music, try some. These tracts are not my favorites of theirs by any means. But overall their work is amazing.
This was fun, and I’ll do it again with a different list tomorrow. So let me know in the next 12 hours if you want me to gift you the 3 listed above or the Kradison tracts. Cheers and happy listening.